By Don Rae
· Ah, the hate spewed by the San Juan Puerto Rico mayor. She blames everything on Trump. The real story? The Teamsters Union would not provide truck drivers to move the tons of supplies shown behind the Mayor until they got a new and better contract. Sounds like California’s public employee unions.
· The NFL and, of course the do-gooder lefties, don’t have a problem with players protesting “racial violence” while in the workplace (the game), but turn a blind eye to those players who commit acts of violence themselves? The NFL database of NFL player Arrests & Charges shows that many players get arrested for drunk driving, drugs, domestic violence, assault and battery, gun violations, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, theft, burglary, rape and even murder. Is their behavior all due to the brain damage they have suffered while managing to claim multi-million dollar contracts from the NFL?
· Senator Feinstein, the gun-toting liberal opponent of the 2nd amendment, has now decided to sponsor legislation which would have the government decide who is a journalist. She says only those who are paid a salary can call themselves, and be recognized as, journalists. Wouldn’t it be nice if she would sponsor legislation decreeing that only politicians who are not corrupt could retain office?
· Rush Limbaugh asked a good question recently. He reminded us that Sen. Chuck Schumer called for more gun control because citizens were being slaughtered. Yet, Rush asked, why does Schumer support the slaughter of a million babies a year by his support, funding and praise of Planned Parenthood? Hypocrisy at its’ Democratic best.
· SB 620, which the Democrats have placed on Moonbeam’s desk, would lessen penalties if you shoot people. As Democrats are falling all over themselves demanding more “gun control”, California Democrats want to make it easier for criminals to get out of jail sooner and shoot more people.
· Illegal alien attorneys claim their clients have the right to demand changes in our national policies. If such is so, then why are we spending millions trying to find out how much Russia is attempting to change our policies? Or maybe these brilliant attorneys think only illegal aliens have the right to protest, but not other nations?
· Those on the left are going insane with their demands on destroying monuments, disrespecting the nation and politically-incorrect words and thoughts. Perhaps we all need to re-read Orwell’s “1984” to understand where we are headed. I just did.
· The press is reporting that Bergdahl is going to plead guilty to charges of bad behavior in front of the enemy. Recall Obama’s Rose Garden appearance with Bergdahl’s parents where he came out with his arm around the mother’s waist?
· Michelle, who may be planning to make a political run for some office, mouthed off again that Republicans are all white and male, whereas Democrats are a rainbow of colors and sexual identities. The country would be much better off if that line of divisive chatter were not coming out of the mouth of a former First Lady. Shame.
· Hillary tells us not to blame all Muslims for the acts of a few. Why does she then blame all Americans and the members of the NRA for the actions of even fewer?
· And then the rocket-scientist Nancy Sinatra says all NRA members should go before a firing squad. Aren’t all the crazy lefties against guns?
· Harvey Weinstein, Democratic contributor on steroids and most likely master of the “casting couch” was not known for his behavior for decades? The “casting couch” has been openly talked about since the 1930’s. Anyone who “didn’t know” is deliberately blind.
· Students today can’t pass the tests given them. So teachers claim that the tests are too hard. How about teaching instead of indoctrinating. Maybe the kids would do better and come out of school as better informed citizens.
· Then maybe some of the folks profiled in the media wouldn’t spout crazy stuff. Like saying that if MLK Jr. hadn’t peacefully protested, the black man would still be enslaved. Did this snowflake ever read US history about the Lincoln Administration, the Emancipation Proclamation, and the 15th Amendment (voting rights). All these happened before MLK Jr. was born.
· Why is it deemed necessary to know the sexual preferences of historical figures?
· It is too bad that some students at California State University-Long Beach don’t know California history. Some recently protested to rid the campus of the “Prospector Pete” statue, claiming it is a monument to historical genocide. Of course, these snowflakes also want to strip the names of all sports teams who use Indian symbols or names, even though these honor indigenous peoples. They simply want to eliminate history in all its forms. Dumb and dumber.
· There is little doubt that indigenous populations in California were decimated in the rush of eager folks trying to make a fortune by digging gold. By 1855, it is estimated at least 300,000 had arrived in California from around the world. Americans, Mexicans, Chinese, Britons, Australians, French, Latin Americans, African Americans, Filipinos, Basques, Turks, Italians, Caribbean’s, Brazilians, Hawaiians, New Zealanders and almost every other country and ethnic background imaginable. Who do we blame for the bad behavior?
· Currently there are 109 federally recognized Indian tribes in California as well as 78 more petitioning for recognition. Tribes have nearly 100 separate reservations or Rancherias.
· Did you know that the State Department had a Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor? And did you know that this bureau is using your tax money to offer grants up to $450,000 for institutions of higher learning and non-profit organizations to develop “intersectional programming” to “promote and protect the human rights of persons with disabilities, women and girls, LGBTI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex) persons, and other marginalized individuals?”
· Recall the left’s continuous barrage of comments about there being no voter fraud anywhere? Then why did the LA County Registrar of Voters send 82 absentee ballots to a small apartment? Of course the Democratic Secretary of State is not looking into this matter, or any other matter showing potential fraud in the 2016 election. Maybe such is why Hillary got such a plurality of votes in California.
· Another brilliant snowflake in Chicago, this time a school district trustee writing “That flag means nothing more than toilet paper to me,” The Chicago Tribune reported. And we wonder why people are killing each other virtually every day in the windy city?
· Another little tidbit to contemplate. The Rolling Stone printed an article stating that $80/hour “cuddling” is on the increase since Trump’s victory. Apparently snowflakes need comforting to get through this horrible time. Where is mommy and a blankie when you need comfort?