By Don Rae
- The only reason not to require voter ID is to cheat in the election. Every Democrat opposes voter ID. Get the connection?
- Nadler had John Dean as his star witness in the Mueller fiasco. How stupid can one get? How about it Garamendi?
- With so many debt relief outfits advertising amazing results on TV, why are we still concerned over student loan debt?
- Brainless Newsom signed off on giving our tax dollars to pay for illegal invaders medical care. Why should we be required to pay any taxes to the State if this is how they are used?
- And he never stops. Newsom recently said we’ve got one house for one people in California. Really? Has he opened his own house to all his new friends? No. He is a miserable hypocrite.
- Environmentalists and their ilk are hypocrites of the first order. Take Santa Barbara as a prime example. The residents of that city hate gas, oil, lower gasoline prices and prefer people unemployed rather than be happy they have jobs in the oil industry. They demand no more coal and nuclear power. Now they are also opposed to wind turbines. Santa Barbarans are hypocrites and loonies. If they oppose these sources of energy, why do they use cars, trains, buses, and charge up their cellphones and computers? Why do they have all electric homes and cars—energized by the sources they hate? Do they plan to tear down their houses and live in mud huts?
- It has taken years, which is ridiculous. But the courts finally came down on the IRS and Lois Lerner who were found guilty of numerous charges. They finally will pay for their corrupt behavior. Did you happen to see this decision in the mainstream media? Bet not. This was the silent court decision. Keep a happy thought – this is just the start of things to come.
- The “True the Vote” v. IRS lawsuit has come to a close with a common sense ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton penalizing the IRS with maximum attorneys fees due to their unconstitutional discrimination against the group and their unethical behavior in the case. Hopefully the fine is paid for out of the agents’ pocket, not by taxpayer money.
- Now we are to be taxed for buying ammunition. Each time we make a purchase we will be charged $1 for an instant background check. The 2nd Amendment means nothing to the politicians we send to the State House or to Washington..
- This is how government education operates. You know, your local school where you send your children to be educated. When there is a bad teacher the school transfers them to another school or allows them to teach in another district. Instead of firing them and taking their teaching credential away, the powers that be send them elsewhere—so other students can be harmed. This is called “The Dance of the Lemons”. Do you do that with your incorrigible employees?
- AB 18 was referred last week to the Assembly appropriations committee. The bill would continue funding the California Violence Intervention and Prevention program, which issues grants of up to $500,000 to gun violence reduction programs. Gun violence reduction programs? That is “Democrat speak” for tax dollars used to “educate the public” against protecting themselves. Corruption?
- The faculty senate at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo voted to outlaw Chick fil A on campus. One professor likened the chicken sandwich to pornography. Keep in mind the professors, who are teaching our children, don’t like this company because its’ president supports the traditional definition of marriage. When the Vatican’s new pronouncement on there being only two sexes hits this hot-bed of a progressivism campus, will the professors’ brains simply explode?
- David Coleman is the man behind Common Core. Now that he has destroyed a generation of students with dumbed down education, he is the head of the College Board, the agency that runs the SAT tests. Under Coleman, the SAT’s are moving from an education standard to a society standard. In other words your personal life, money, race, nationality, parents divorced, alternate lifestyle, all count more than studying to achieve a high SAT score. Are we going to put up with this leftist crap? Billions have been spent to harm children. When is Coleman and his lemmings going to admit they failed and apologize to a generation of students lost to mediocre, at best, government education?
Californians have the highest taxes, energy prices, and water prices, in the nation. Now, you can have the most expensive fish dinner in the history of mankind, thanks to the policies of Democrats. Cost estimates to restore the 153 miles of the river from Friant Dam to the confluence of the Merced River range from $890 million to $2 billion.
Between 250,000 and 360,000 acre-feet of water are specifically dedicated to fish habitat on the San Joaquin. Recently 5 fish were caught in the subject area. A conservative cost estimate reveals each of the five fish caught cost taxpayers and water users $178,000,000. And each of those fish needed 50,000 acre-feet of water per year.
- Sacramento does not enough police officers. Parks need refurbishing, streets have lots of potholes, the city is running a deficit and has to raise taxes. But, the Democrats running the city have enough money to provide legal assistance to CRIMINAL illegal aliens.
The Sacramento City Council voted “to set aside up to $300,000 for a network of legal, educational and faith-based nonprofit groups that will help residents with immediate immigration problems and advise them how to protect children and assets if parents are deported.”
Councilman Steve Hansen called the situation an “emergency” and targeted the money for “legal guardianships.” Mayor Steinberg went on record that “we are not a city that will exchange people’s civil rights for money.” The mayor, an attorney, did not indicate which civil right was in play in the spending of taxpayer funds on illegal immigrants present in the United States illegally.
- We now know that the Assemblyman Ting effort to outlaw cash receipts and mandate ONLY digital receipts is the brain child of a firm that creates digital receipts—that is called corruption.