By Don Rae
· The Supreme Court is going to consider a New York case which could effectively kill the 2nd Amendment. Even though the court has granted a “right-to-carry” case in New York, that city bans transporting permitted handguns outside city lines. Guns currently can only be taken to a shooting range within city limits. Watch this case carefully as it could affect the entire country depending on how broadly it is decided.
· Consider this. Climate Change fanatics took some 1500 private jets to clamor for global warming restrictions recently at Davos, Switzerland.
· California is now proposing controlled burns and timbering to solve the wildfire problem. Wait a minute. Weren’t the fires all PG&E’s fault?
· Our illustrious Attorney General has made a book-load of recommendations to change the way the Sacramento Police Department does business. What is next? Change uniforms to tutus?
· Gavin Newsom is now in control of the Governor’s office. Consider that he did virtually nothing as Moonbeam’s 2nd in command but give gleeful support for LGBT “rights”, cheer for legalizing weed, lead the clamor for Sanctuary Cities and run for office at taxpayer expense. Does the future look bright for California?
· And what did he suggest in his first days in office? He wants to put a sales tax on bottled water.
· Television ads are popping up by the “Save the Children” organization. Every single one should be saved, it says. Why, then doesn’t it take on Planned Parenthood? They’d have a chance to save a lot more – maybe even all of them.
· Santa Clara County cut the 49er’s property tax bill in half and refunded $36 million. Every property owner in the county should immediately apply for a similar reduction and refund. The Santa Clara Board of Supervisors should be recalled.
· California has suffered a terrible fire season this year. Who remembers the 1910 “Year of the Fire” that spread across parts of Idaho, Montana and Washington. After two consecutive years of drought and abundant dry fuel; lightening and strong winds caused some 2500 fires which eventually merged into one. Some 3 million acres were torched. A little known fact was that a contingent of Black Soldiers was sent by the President to help fight the fire. They are credited with saving the town of Taft. “The Big Burn” unfortunately started the Forest Service’s fire suppression policy, which today is wreaking havoc in all our forests.
· It is said that some 40 million Americans are on food stamps. Of course it is not government money, it is all tax payer money.
· Why do seniors who have paid for social security and Medicare all their working life have to pay for Medicare and Supplemental Insurance after retirement when illegal invaders get all of it free?
· No one has disputed the point. Why is PGE liable for fire-related damages when the government requires them to serve customers who build in highly flammable locales?
· When you consider all the waste of taxpayer money that government spends, it seems that just a mere fraction of it could be used to save Marysville’s Chinatown and Chinese temple. Both are a deep and important part of Marysville (and California) heritage. To let it rot or tear it down would be a tragedy.
· Oakland’s Congressional bully, Eric Swalwell is a fanatic about destroying the 2nd Amendment. He continues to spout off about getting rid of “assault rifles.” His intelligence is certified when he keeps changing the definition of the weapons he wants confiscated. In reality he wants all long guns taken away from law-abiding citizens but cares less about the guns retained by criminals who will gleefully prey on the unarmed. Perhaps he doesn’t know history and should read what happened in Germany once Hitler managed to disarm the public. How did the voters of Oakland and environs elect this numskull?
· What stone tablets came down from heaven to the mainstream media telling them that “Native American Elder Nate Phillips” was the good guy by accosting a Catholic Church and banging his ugly drum in the faces of young people? More made up news.
· Moonbeam just won’t fade away. He now tells us we are 3 minutes from midnight on the doomsday clock.
· Trump did miss his chance to clean up a good part of the swamp. He didn’t discipline the TSA personnel who called in “sick” during the recent unpleasantness. Reagan did with the Air Traffic Controllers. And guess what? The world did not come to an end.
· In the mainstream media there are story after story about athletes negotiating (and receiving) millions upon millions of dollars. All the stories are laudatory about these so-called heroes deserving all the money on earth. But if it was an executive running a company which provides goods and services to the public, then the money is evil, unwarranted and should be taxed away to nothing. Have you heard Ocasio-Cortez going after basketball players?
· Pelosi has truly got her priorities out of whack. She has sponsored a bill interfering with doctor/patient relationship and the right of parents to raise their children. Her bill would politicize the medical treatment of gender dysphasia which would clearly lead to more prosecutions against parents who refuse to aid in the sterilization of their children. Unfortunately more doctors are being forced to recommend that children take puberty blockers at age 11, cross-sex hormones at 16, and undergo “sex-reassignment” surgeries at 18. Parents who resist this stupidity could face charges of child abuse and lose custody of their children.
· Tom Brokaw has been roundly criticized for telling the truth about immigrants needing to assimilate. And he was forced to offer his abject apologies. The event shows how divisive “Celebrate Diversity” really is. Instead of E Pluribus Unum, (out of many-one) it is now going to be “out of many-chaos”
· CNN was tipped off to the Roger Stone home invasion. By whom? Who knew about the raid and spilled the beans? Why, Mueller and company, of course.
· Why haven’t Harris, Schiff, Swalwell, etc taken MS13 members into their own homes. They expect all the rest of us to treat these criminals with kid gloves and compassionate rehabilitation. On a tangential note. Newsom’s kids to go to schools with nearly 97% white student population. He shows his commitment to diversity.