By Don Rae
· The Federal Election Commission (FEC) fined Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign $14,500 for accepting illegal in-kind foreign contributions from the Australian Labor Party (ALP) during the 2016 elections. Where’s the Special Counsel investigating foreign collusion?
· Something to be aware of. Our tax dollars are going to train clowns. Where? In San Francisco, the home of Nancy Pelosi. Having this clown school in her district is appropriate as she is one of the biggest buffoons in Congress. The nonprofit Circus Center, received a $10,000 grant from, what else, the National Endowment for the Arts.
· The San Diego County Office of Education is urging schools to focus on helping students “digest and discuss the news after the Florida school shooting”. That would be all right if they are teaching students how to independently analyze the news using critical thinking. But more than likely the schools are using this as an opportunity to indoctrinate them to a certain way of thinking. I sincerely hope the latter isn’t the case.
Is this an example of hypocrisy or just plain stupidity? Most likely the latter. Ellen DeGeneres shows up at an anti-gun rally with an entourage of six armed body guards.Last week, the National Assembly in South Africa decided that white farmers will be removed from the lands that they own, without compensation. The motion was proposed by Julius Malema who said “The time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice.” He also said he is “cutting the throat of whiteness”.
· The Left and the mainstream media continue ridiculing Trump. They have had a tizzy-fit over Trump’s saying he would run toward a bad guy. Unfortunately for the few who watch and read the mainstream media these so-called journalists don’t know what they are talking about. In 1991, Trump actually tried to stop a mugging in New York City, by chasing the assailant, who was brandishing a bat, away while he himself had no weapon. The story was reported in the New York Daily News.
Orange County evicted more than 700 homeless from the Santa Ana riverbed, near Disneyland. The ACLU tried unsuccessfully to stop the eviction and cleanup. Trash trucks and contractors in hazmat gear scoured the camp and removed 250 tons of trash, 1,100 pounds of human waste and 5,000 hypodermic needles. And they are still working on the mess. Too bad they can’t dump the human waste on the property of the ACLU folks. Chuck Schumer, the penultimate Democrat said he would not vote to confirm a District Court nominee because he is a white man. Since Schumer is one of two White New York Senators, perhaps he should resign so a minority can take his place. If we raise the age to buy a firearm to 21, let’s raise the age to vote also to 21. If 18 year olds aren’t responsible enough to buy a rifle, then they certainly aren’t responsible enough to vote. I know, I know, they can go into the military at 18.......but that is where they will learn to be responsible.On the same theme. If we demand more thorough background checks for gun buyers, then shouldn’t we also demand better identification to vote?And finally, we are told by lefties not to judge all Muslims for the actions of a few fanatics. Sounds good. Let’s not judge all gun owners for the actions of a deranged mentally-unstable shooter. Logic? Make sense?Just for the sake of driving the left crazy, three states are now requiring drug tests to receive welfare benefits. The lefties and the Insane ACLU claim such is unconstitutional. Then why haven’t they jumped all over the trucking industry which drug tests drivers?
Under Proposition 13, every property owner is taxed at 1 percent of the property’s assessed value and an amount to cover local voter-approved bond debt. The proposition also applies a 2% cap on value increases annually. Were you aware, however, that assessments have gone up an average of about 7.07 percent per year statewide. Inflation, as we know, hasn’t gone up anywhere near that rate. Yet some legislators having been licking their chops at “updating” Proposition 13. In simple English, they want to increase our taxes as soon as they can, as much as they can.Pelosi simply can’t help herself. She attacked ICE for arresting some 100 illegal aliens that she described as “hard-working, law-abiding and patriotic.” She went so far off in la-la land characterizing the raids as acts intended to “terrorize.” Continuing her rant she called enforcing the law “cowardly attacks.”
· The fanatic environmentalists want SoCal Edison to pay the $2 billion it will take to close the San Onofre Nuclear Power complex. Since the radicals in the environmental community are responsible for shutting down clean low-cost energy to customers, they should pay for the cleanup.
· The Tijuana River flows through that Mexican border town into Imperial Beach and out to sea in American waters. Mexico is constantly discharging raw sewage into the river, which stinks up the place and pollutes southern San Diego beaches. The Federal Government lets this travesty happen. So Imperial Beach and the Port of San Diego are considering filing suit against the Federal Government for not acting on the health and safety problem even though the Feds have been asked to intervene for many decades. It is absolutely unconscionable for taxpayer money to be wasted on both sides of the suit when the Feds should have done the right thing without legal action.
What in the name of wasteful spending is this absurdity? The National Science Foundation has awarded $250,000 of our money to Emory University for a sociology study that “seeks to ensure the ‘legitimacy’ of women in the workplace.” What? We have illegitimate women in the workplace?
Think about this. How effective and efficient is government when it can’t keep drugs out of our communities, our schools and even our prisons (I’ve seen the prison visiting room surveillance tapes). But the usual snowflakes think that they are going to be able to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? They think that taking guns away from law-abiding citizens is a good idea? Does any thoughtful, intelligent human being really believe that? Show us how many NRA members have shot up schools. And consider this. Florida schools don’t call the police to report when a student is a significant risk, Why? Because it may stigmatize the poor kid’s future. The immediate result of such a policy? Seventeen dead.