By Don Rae
· The tax bill didn’t cut low income folks’ taxes. Why? Because they already don’t pay any taxes. In fact, they get money from the government under the EITC, which will most likely go up. On top of that scenario, we won’t see any relief as Moonbeam will quickly figure out a way to get into the state coffers any federal savings we might see. Looking out for the middle class? Not.
· Liberty Mutual advertises “Accident Forgiveness” on TV again and again. Ever notice the very small disclaimer on the screen? “Accident forgiveness not available in California.” False advertising.
· Remember all the leftist tree huggers who camped out in trees and demanded that no trees be cut down? Now the lefties want to destroy Tamarask trees next to a Palm Springs Golf Course, because the trees are “racist.” Has anyone asked the Redwoods if any of them are racist?
· According to Elizabeth Warren (also known as Pocahontas) she contributed her family recipe to the Native American Cookbook: Crab Omelet. Sounds more French to me. Maybe the Cherokees picked it up during the French and Indian War.
· The Mayor of the City of Davis wants to tax local homeowners in order to provide funds for the homeless. Another Democrat who wants to take from those who have worked for their money and give it to those who won’t work.
· The social interplay of malls, stores and restaurants is fast disappearing as more folks use on line buying and bury their heads in their electronic devices. Where will we get the face to face experience of human interaction to develop and hone our social and interpersonal skills?
· Iran got pallet loads of cash in the middle of the night from its friend Obama. The cash could be easily used to pay for weapons to ship to Yemen so missiles can be fired at Saudi airports. Thanks Obama and your Secretary of State Hillary for your policy to promote world peace.
· Kramers’ Junction in the Mohave Dessert (Highway 58 and US395) is an example of how Feinstein’s Mohave Preserve is working out. You can see trash forever along the road and not a conservationist in sight. Well, Diane, how about a clean-up committee?
· Nope, Diane has another agenda – gun control. Her bill S. 2095 would prohibit AR-15s and dozens of other semi-automatic rifles, as well as their variants and altered facsimiles. Down with detachable magazines, detachable stocks, pistol grips and who knows what else in the 125 page tome. The woman who has a concealed weapons permit and armed guards to protect her, wants to disarm us all so she can rule the world. As a Senator she should know that any so-called gun control is a violation of the 2nd Amendment. If she wants to take on the Constitution, she should do so rather than sponsor illegal legislation.
· The Associated Press – a leftie organization used by local media as their fallback when they haven’t got anything else from their own staff – said that Trump engaged in a “rush job” to sign the tax cut legislation. What phony journalists.
· And the AP wrote that the Ex-Marine was deported to Mexico only because of a “minor offense.” The offense was for animal cruelty for which he served 10 months of a two-year sentence. Don’t the lefties come apart at the seams against anyone who is cruel to animals? Why did Moonbeam pardon this horrible criminal? Why does the left praise him for his return to the USA?
· Mueller and his merry band of leftists will continue wasting taxpayer money until the cows come home. Trump won’t fire him as he knows there is nothing to the collusion allegations – at least as far as he is concerned. Perhaps Mueller will find something of such a nature if he investigates Hillary? Fat chance.
· When will it end? Assemblyman Marc Levine, Marin County and parts of Sonoma County, introduced AB 2539, that would create health standards for fashion models. To quote this numbskull pains me, but here goes: “With my bill, we can protect the health and safety of fashion models, but we can have a societal impact to make sure that women and girls have a healthy body image.”
· Our illustrious Secretary of State Alex Padilla (of course a Democrat) refuses to match up the voter roles in order to eliminate illegal aliens. Judicial Watch has filed suit. Of course, the Democrats have no interest in the rule of law. They only abide by the rule of the vote – but only as long as it goes their way.
· More states are requiring employers to give more leave for employees to care for newborns. Feels good, doesn’t it? How about a law requiring an employee to work for a paycheck? Employers still have to get the work of the business done while mommies and daddies change diapers.
· Moonbeam is about his crazy business again by pardoning illegal aliens convicted of a crime. When will he do something to protect real Californians?
· The Associated Press, in its infinite wisdom, names Kaepernick the Athlete of the Year. The AP feels he’s paid a severe price for “a simple act of defiance.” Typical leftie thinking. Now lets see a “simple act of respect” for America.
· We keep hearing that the Trump dossier was only a Hillary-Democratic Party operation called “Opposition Research.”
· More TB cases in California’s central valley schools. Why does this disease suddenly reappear after it was completely eliminated? Could it possibly be that illegal immigrants are not tested at the border? In the past immigrants were always tested at Ellis Island and other entry ports and not allowed to enter if they had communicable diseases. Other diseases that were eradicated in the US will pop up so long as immigrants are allowed to freely cross into the country.
· Cutting $285 million off the US’s UN donation is only a minor start. Cut all contributions to any of the UN agencies and tell the UN to get out of NY completely.
· White House reporters screaming questions at the top of their lungs during White House press conferences is childish. Press Secretary Sanders’ comment about getting their “minds out of the gutter” is true blue.