By Don Rae
· Moonbeam and his leftist lemmings are at it again. The Associated Press reported that Moonbeam’s new Attorney General will “fight to defend California’s protections for gay and lesbian community, women, and immigrants.” What about the rest of us? We thought the Attorney General was appointed to protect all Californians equally. Fat chance.
· Well it didn’t take long after the inauguration for the press to start. The first thing out of the chute occurred when a reporter claimed that the bust of MLK had been removed from the White House by Trump. This was a false story. So what else is new?
· The number of marchers in the post inauguration women’s march was around the same as those in the Tea Party march in 2009. The press went viral picturing and commenting on the recent event, but not a word in the press about the Tea Party march back in 2009.
· The mainstream media ran a short blurb about an armed motorist in Arizona who saved a state trooper from possible death by nailing the perp. An amazing piece of real news is actually printed. A good example of why an armed citizenry can be a good thing.
· Feminists want to emasculate men. Colleges are offering courses on the subject. What an interesting way to combat hate and promote unity.
· Obama commuted Manning’s sentence. Was it the male Manning or the female Manning? Will the government still have to pay for the conversion? If the male Manning was pardoned, and then has the surgery, will the female Manning still be pardoned? Gosh, this stuff gets complicated.
· A student who recorded an Orange Coast College professor calling Donald Trump’s election “an act of terrorism” is still facing discipline because of recording the rant. The professor apparently is in the clear. And the usual suspects on campus are circulating a petition to make Olga Perez Stable-Cox “Professor of the Year” for her disparaging comments.
· Moonbeam’s administration can’t even add. A $1.9 Billion error in the budget? Perhaps we should insist that competent folks be hired.
· Have you noticed that in virtually all drama shows, TV and movies, actors solve problems with guns and explosives. Then the actors take to the microphone and support eliminating the 2nd Amendment. Hollywood hypocrisy.
· America is in the middle of a civil war, without the shooting (yet). This situation has been brought about by the “Celebrate Diversity” campaign dividing us all into “groups” and the deliberate encouragement of the left in demanding that we all be hyphenated-Americans.
· Obama gives Biden the Medal of Freedom. That is similar to Hollywood’s constant stream of self-congratulatory awards and honors. Handing out awards like candy simply demeans the awards.
· The South Coast Air Quality Management District Board will vote on an air quality plan, which calls for $15 billion in financial incentives to encourage polluters to cut emissions voluntarily. However, NOAA and the State CARB reports the air in Southern California is cleaner then a 1960 base line. But facts can’t be allowed to interfere with the ideology that smog is worse today than in 1960.
· Six of the 10 Senate Democrats on the committee dealing with the confirmation of Betsy DeVos for Secretary of Education should recuse themselves. The infamous six attended private schools, or have children and grandchildren attending non-public schools. Aren’t public schools ok for these Senators?
Here’s some of the swamp that needs draining. $1.7 million for a comedy club starring holograms of dead comedians; $1.5 million to test the endurance of a fish on a treadmill; $817,000 to study monkey drool; $3.4 million for hamster cage fight matches; and $450,000 to find out if dinosaurs could sing. Our illustrious Moonbeam is considering eliminating drivers’ license suspensions for drivers who fail to pay traffic tickets and related court fees. This idea is found in Moonbeam’s recently released budget plan. In other words, he suggests there should be no penalty for violating traffic law. If this proposal sees the light of day, then anyone who gets a traffic ticket can throw it in the trash with impunity. Gallup notes that 20.8 percent Americans who earn less than $36,000 annually still don’t have health insurance. Here is the result of a survey that frightens us all. 72% of police will not prevent crimes due to fear of being jailed themselves or economically ruined.
· The movie “La La Land” is hitting it big. But somehow a line by a lead actor goes unnoticed. “That’s L.A.,” he says “They worship everything and they value nothing.”
· State politicians really should get a real job. The latest jab by State Democrats came from Assemblyman Marc Levine, who says schools should be required to teach students about “Russian interference” in the 2016 presidential election.
· The Feds are investigating the Los Angeles Metro and the LA Sheriff because of a civil rights complaint that the organizations are discriminating against black riders by disproportionately citing them for fare evasions. “This is beyond a level of racial profiling,” said Eric Mann, co-founder of the Bus Riders Union. “This is a level of egregious discrimination against black people.” Perhaps if folks paid their fare, they wouldn’t be cited.
· Are you aware that State law has put all 482 cities and 58 counties in the State as “sanctuaries”? The Democrats are more concerned with the health, safety and welfare of illegal aliens than that of U.S. citizens.
· Thousands of years ago glaciers moved through the Sierra and created Yosemite Valley. There were once land bridges between Siberia and Alaska as well as Great Britain and Europe. Villages have been found under various seas. The Hawaiian Islands were under water in the ancient past. Climate change happens over time and is a continuous cycle whether we are here or not. Fossil fuel has little to do with how the climate changes.
· The “do gooders” have succeeded. The circus is closing. How many jobs will be lost? How will the Sarasota, Florida, economy (where the circus winters) survive? How much rail freight will be lost? How will our children deal with not being able to threaten to “join the circus”? An iconic American tradition is dead. Thanks PETA.
· Did you notice the old Ford Tri-motor airliner being displayed recently? It had nicer and wider seats than today’s coach seats.
· Did you notice the report that China has more movie houses than the US? What will we ever do now that there is a “screen gap?” Of course the seats are said to be pretty empty. Maybe they are smart enough not to buy into the Hollywood sewer.